As a speaker and trainer on the topic of dementia, I offer educational sessions, usually 60 – 90 minutes in length depending on the topic, the audience and the need. Some of these sessions are informational only and others are designed to build knowledge AND skill. A few of these sessions are free (offered through the Alzheimer’s Association, for which I am a Community Educator) and noted as such. If you have a topic that you don’t see covered below, please contact me to discuss your group’s needs.
If you are interested in deepening the value you offer to your group, the fee-based sessions (without an asterisk) are billed in tiered rates depending on the number of participants.
In order to schedule an informational session, there must be a minimum of 5 attendees for each session. I can work with you to help get the word out.
- 10 Warning Signs*
- Understanding Alzheimers and Dementia*
- Effective Communication Strategies*
- Addressing Dementia Related Behaviors*
- Healthy Living for Brain and Body*
- 5 Key Brain Functions Affected by Dementia
- 5 Behaviors and 5 Skills
- Caring for the Care Partner
- GEMS(R) – Working with Your Person in Every Stage of Care
- Creating a dementia-friendly business/community
*Free through my volunteer designation as an Alzheimer’s Association Community Educator
- Support groups
- Private duty aides
- Health care practitioners, especially CNAs
- Family members
- Faith-based groups
- Chambers of commerce
- Local Businesses