I can help you master new information and skills to greatly improve how you interact with and care for a person living with dementia. Whether you are a family member, neighbor, friend or professional aide, you will benefit from this program by
- gaining confidence in your ability to handle what comes at you
- increasing your ability to effectively communicate and understand the person in your care
- improving outcomes in daily activities in which you support that person
- finding greater enjoyment interacting with that person
- reducing the stress associated with dementia caregiving or care partnering
Whether I’m working with individuals or groups, I have found that my proprietary “5 x 5” program is the most comprehensive approach and creates the best value for dementia care partners.
However there are several ways I can coach you to develop knowledge and skill. For example, I tailor one-off sessions for groups with more focused needs. These may be informational, skills-based or both. When educating in a group setting like this, sessions are highly interactive.
Sample session titles include
- 10 Warning Signs
- Understanding Alzheimers and Dementia
- 5 Key Brain Functions Affected by Dementia
- 5 Behaviors and 5 Skills
- Caring for the Care Partner
- GEMS(R) – Working with Your Person in Every Stage of Care
- Communication Strategies for Caregivers